Ministerial positions within the Northwest Regional Christian Church congregations are posted on disciples.org and accessible to Disciples ministers with standing through the Search and Call portal. Positions will be posted on disciples.org when congregations are actively receiving and considering profiles.
Other Job Posts (shared on request)
Division of Homeland Ministries AKA Disciples Home Missions
Minister for Youth Serving Agencies- The Minister for Youth Serving Agencies reports to the President of Disciples Home Missions.
- Represent the Christian Church to Youth Serving Agencies such as the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Campfire Boys and Girls, 4-H Clubs, American Heritage Girls, Trails Life, and other youth groups that a congregation may support including: Chi-Rho, CYF, etc.
- Represent DHM at the three National meetings of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Attend the two meetings of the P.R.A.Y. (Programs of Religious Activities for Youth) Board which meets in St. Louis, one in the spring and the other in the fall.
- Attend National Board Meetings of other Youth Serving Agencies when invited.
- Attend Staff Meetings of DHM when requested by the President.
- Be prepared to have a display at the General Assembly if asked to do so.
- As a member of the DHM Staff, be ready to attend Regional Assemblies, when asked to do so by the President of DHM to represent DHM as well as your own ministry.
- Send congratulatory letters and certificates out monthly to those who earned a Religious Award. Names, addresses, and church information will be sent to you by the P.R.A.Y. (Programs of Religious Activities for Youth) Organization.
- Respond to ministers who call for guidance of the religious awards. Note: you do not have to be a Boy Scout, Girl Scout, or any particular youth serving agency to earn the awards, every youth in our church may earn the awards if they meet the age requirements listed for the award.
- Any other duties that the President of DHM may assign.
This is a volunteer position for an Ordained Minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Disciples Home Missions will provide registration and travel expenses for the Minister of Youth Serving Agencies to attend meetings with advanced approval by the President of Disciples Home Missions. The agreement can be terminated by either party with thirty (30) days written notice, and is subject to annual review.
Please send a letter of interest by July 15, 2017 to:
Kathy Watts, Division of Homeland Missions, Post Office Box 1986, Indianapolis, IN 46206-1986, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Action Network
Seeking Organizer- Faith Action Network is about to take a new, exciting step forward!
In order to develop FAN’s interfaith network into a more powerful voice for justice, we are expanding our staff capacity to organize across the state. FAN will be hiring a full-time organizer to help lead our efforts to build our networks of Advocating Faith Communities, individuals, and partner organizations, especially in legislative districts where additional education, advocacy, and mobilization is needed.
The position will remain open until July 28.
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Florida
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Florida is seeking to call a dynamic and energized ordained minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to the position of Regional Minister. A Regional Profile and Position Description are posted on the Region's Website available at www.fldisciples.org. Those who are prayerfully discerning their sense of call about this position will provide updated search and call paperwork in order to be considered. In addition, to help the Search Team get to know you better, send a Letter of Interest to the regional office addressed to: Regional Minister Search Committee Chairperson, Christian Church in Florida, c/o 6455 East Silver Springs Blvd. Silver Springs, FL 34488. The application deadline is July 31, 2017.
The Pension Fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
The Pension Fund of the Christian Church is seeking an Executive Team Member to serve as Chief Financial Officer. For the right candidate, this is an exceptional opportunity to work in a personally fulfilling environment and excel professionally by leading a customer-focused, entrepreneurial, and results-driven team, with a purpose-driven organization that works to secure the financial futures of our 12,600+ members who serve others.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record with building teams in environments of varied experiences, skill-sets, and working styles. They will have experience with budget management, banking / finance, client-managed investment relationships, insurance, risk management and/or other finance related fields. They will be adept at IT systems management and integration and will demonstrate openness to new ideas and technologies. As an entrepreneurial and creative leader, they will be both tech-savvy themselves and able to inspire their team to leverage technology to serve our members and achieve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
The successful candidate will possess at least one of the following:
- an MBA, MBM, or MA with experience in accounting, finance, IT, or insurance;
- a PhD with professional experience in banking / finance; or
- a JD with specific experience in accounting, finance, IT, or insurance.
- Preferred by not required CPA or other professional designations from the
- financial services industry.
For the complete job description, qualifications, salary/benefits, and how to apply, please CLICK HERE. Position will remain open until the job is filled.