Ministerial positions within the Northwest Regional Christian Church congregations are posted on disciples.org and accessible to Disciples ministers with standing through the Search and Call portal. Positions will be posted on disciples.org when congregations are actively receiving and considering profiles.
Jobs with the Northwest Regional Christian Church
Other Job Posts (shared on request)
Children's Director- Mission Gathering, Issaquah, WA
Missiongathering Issaquah is a new church start in Issaquah, WA, associated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination. MG Issaquah is an Open and Affirming church that strives to welcome, include, affirm, and love all who we encounter. We are in the beginning stages of church formation and do not currently have a weekly gathering.
The role of the Children’s Director is to create, develop, organize, and implement all children related activities and curricula (for all ages) within the church.
Essential responsibilities and duties will include:
- Identify, adapt, and write curricula for varying age levels that can be used at both weekly worship and special events.
- Recruit, train, and organize volunteers to help lead our children’s programs.
- Serve as primary contact person for all children/family related questions and issues.
- Work closely with lead pastor to help build and grow the church community.
- Ensure that safe practices are in place and carried out by all volunteers and staff who interact with children.
- Commit to creating a safe and welcoming place for all children and families.
- Help create policies that guarantee children of all abilities and identities can fully participate (including children with physical and mental disabilities, transgender children, etc.).
- Plan and lead meetings with teaching volunteers.
- Work with lead pastor to evaluate any needs, equipment, and budgets related to children’s ministries and activities.
Please download the job description for complete information including schedule, qualifications, how to apply, etc: https://www.disciplesnw.org/sites/default/files/doc/MissionGatheringChildrensDirectorJobDescription.pdf
Kaleo on the River- Camp, Burwell, NE
A unique career opportunity for an individual or couple of any age, with flexibility of job duties dependent on qualifications. On-site housing and utilities provided. Kaleo on the River (KOTR) is a 250 acre camp and retreat center three miles outside of Burwell, NE. KOTR seeks an Interim, on-site Camp Administrator to provide year-round leadership administering camp operations, including marketing to maximize facility utilization, and collaboration with main-line protestant church denominations to provide summer youth church camping experiences. The Interim Camp Administrator reports to the KOTR Board of Directors. Additional responsibilities include fiscal oversight and budgeting; selection and supervision of paid and volunteer staff; American Camping Association and other regulatory compliance; maintenance and scheduling of facility; preparation for and oversight of the summer camping season. Basic qualifications include a bachelor’s degree or applicable experience in camp administration or leadership. To express interest send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to: email@example.com by November 30, 2017