All active clergy, both ordained and commissioned, are required to complete six hours of Healthy Boundary Training for Clergy every four years beginning in 2020. Approved training is provided by the Northwest Region. Other options may be: courses offered by other regions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) member denominations of Churches Uniting in Christ or trainings approved by the Commission on Ministry on a case by case basis.
Anti-Racism/Pro-Reconciliation Training: All active clergy, both ordained and commissioned, are required to complete six hours of Anti-Racism training every four years beginning in 2018. Approved training is provided by the Northwest Region. Other options may be: courses offered by other region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or trainings approved by the Commission on Ministry on a case by case basis
Active clergy, including active retired, both ordained and commissioned who fail to complete either of the required trainings in the year they are due may have commissioning/standing removed, not for cause. Commissioning/standing may be reinstated after training is completed.
- In-care candidates seeking ordination, commissioning or standing should complete the trainings as they are offered and must complete Healthy Boundary training prior to approval for ordination, commissioning or standing.
- Pastors transferring standing from another region should enter the training cycle at the earliest opportunity. The pastor must also either have completed a Healthy Boundary Training within the past 4 years, or complete an approved course within one year.
- Inactive retired clergy are not required to complete these trainings. However, inactive retired clergy who wish to re-enter active ministry must enter the training cycle at the earliest opportunity. If the pastor has not participated in a Healthy Boundary training within the past 4 years, an approved course must be completed within one year.
Approved by the Commission on Ministry, Sep. 2017 | Affirmed by the NWRCC Regional Board, Oct 28, 2017
Training Events Hosted by the NWRCC
Anti-Racism Training Sessions
All sessions are 9am to 3pm, lunch is included in the registration fee.
- March 10, 2018 - North Hill Christian Church, Spokane
- May 18, 2018 - First Christian Church,
SumnerPuyallup (please note the location, FCC Puyallup, updated 2/1/18)
- September 22, 2018 - Northwest United Protestant Church, Richland
** Our ecumenical clergy partners are welcome to register but we reserve the right to cancel registration (with notice) due to attendance space constraints.
Training Events Hosted by Ecumenical Partners
Boundary Training Sessions
Pacific Northwest Conference, United Church of Christ
- Clergy Boundary Training: Friday, Sept. 14, 2018- Westminster Cong. UCC, Spokane, WA
Register online by September 1 at https://bit.ly/2v132KQ
- Clergy Boundary Training: Monday, Oct. 15, 2018- Cong. Church on Mercer Island, Mercer Island, WA
Register online by October 1 at https://bit.ly/2OsDy0M
The cost for either UCC session is $100, includes lunch and training materials.
Northwest Coast Presbytery
- 201/Level 2 Date: Friday, October 19, 2018- New Life Fellowship, Bothell
Click HERE for Presbytery information/registration
To Be Announced